Whitelist IP to bypass Spam Filtering
If an email has been blocked by Sentinel Messaging as a result of content we can ensure further delivery of these emails by whitelisting their IP address.
To whitelist an IP so that it is not blocked as a result of content:
• Click on Company Settings
• Click on Filters tab
• Click on New Filter button
• Choose a name for the filter (i.e., Whitelisted IP Addresses)
• Click on the Continue button
• Choose the proper scope for the filter
If you want the filter to be applied to everyone, leave scope = “Company”.
If you want to target a specific individual or group of individuals, change the scope.
• Choose Email Headers from the drop-down list of options message elements
• Choose Contain(s) Any Of from the drop-down list of operators
• Type in the IP address that you wish to whitelist
You can enter more than 1 by separating values with a comma
CIDRs (x.x.x.x/x) are not supported
IP Ranges (x.x.x.x-y) are not supported
• Choose “Allow” from the drop-down list of actions.
• Click Save.
N.B. If you wish to add additional IP addresses at a later date, you can either edit this filter or create a new filter.
The creation of this filter will ensure that inbound emails from the IP address provided will bypass spam filtering. This action is the same as adding a domain or an email address to the Safe Sender List.