For these processes, we highly recommend providing the details directly in our ticketing system by attachments. Please make sure when submitting, follow these ticketing processes:
- Creating a ticket
- Updating a ticket
False Positive (FP): message that is not spam, but incorrectly being blocked as spam.
The false positive sender of messages will have the message quarantined. (Depending on set-up, the user and/or admin will get a notification of this.) The Support Team will need a copy of the original message being sent. Without this original message, we cannot assist you in sending or receiving this message we will be unable to adjust our anti-spam service for this FP message issue.
False Negative (FN): message that is spam, but is incorrectly seen as a regular email.
Incoming False negatives are messages that come through our system that passed our anti-spam filtering. This is an annoyance to end-users and should be reported to ensure that the message(s) are not seen again.
Original data needed
An email message being reported needs to be the original message that is either being sent or was received. If a message is needed to be looked at for the below, the message cannot be in-line forwarded. If a message is identifed as forwarded, we will not be able to process anything for this, as we lose details specific to the original message.
The messages must be in either a .msg or .eml format for Sentinel Messaging to properly investigate.
• Create or update a case through the ticketing system.
• Including a permalink(s) to the specific message(s) is something that will also assist us.
• Upload the message(s).
Reporting multiple messages
• Save all messages that you are seeing locally to your computer.
• Please double check the message to ensure that the message headers are there.
• If you have multiple messages please zip these together.
• Provide message to Sentinel Messaging Support.