Sentinel Messaging is powered by Proofpoint’s MLX machine learning technology. This solution examines and filters millions of possible spam attributes in every email including message envelope headers and structure, email images, email sender reputation as well as unstructured content in the message body to prevent spam emails, attachment-based spam (including PDF and image-based spam), while automatically filtering and adapting to new spam attacks as they appear. However, there will be cases where mail, considered to be SPAM by the user, is delivered. These are often newsletters or “bulk-mail”.
If email filters were already created, please check against these filters prior to adjusting other configurations. Please check against the current filter set if a filter was created to: Allow (skipping spam filter). This will essentially aprove the email condition and let the message through. Please review how to create an email filter if you are unfamiliar with this process.
There are a few configuration options available to help address these concerns:
- Companies can choose to enable an Easy Spam reporting disclaimer feature. When enabled add a short line of text to the bottom of all inbound emails. Users can click on the link to identify a message as spam and, as a result, educate our spam engines. In addition, during this step users can choose to allow or block all future emails from that sender. For customers on EU1 or US1 simply create a support ticket and attach a copy of the email which the support team can then send to the Proofpoint spam team.
- Companies (and individual users) can be configured to Quarantine bulk email. This will quarantine emails that score high as Bulk email.
- Companies (and individual users) can have their spam sensitivity adjusted. A more aggressive (lower) spam trigger level may quarantine emails that score as slightly spammy.
To access spam configuration settings:
- Log in to the Sentinel Messaging user interface
- Type the customer name into the search bar (top header)
- Click on Company Settings
- Click on Spam
- Adjust options
- Click Save