Sentinel Messaging does not ordinarily quarantine legitimate bulk-email. That is, email that is sent to a large list of recipients who have either directly or passively agreed to receive communications from the sender or senders. In some cases however, if an email scores as both moderately spammy and high on the bulk mail scale, it may be quarantined. To help further manage legitimate bulk mail an organization can additionally enable the setting “Quarantine Bulk Email” which, when activated, will automatically quarantine an email that scores high as bulk mail. This setting can be enabled at both the organization and end-user level.
Articles in this section
- Spam Settings Explained
- Sentinel Messaging Filters: Expanded overview
- SPF Check on Sentinel Messaging for inbound mail
- Options for handling Bulk Mail
- Report spam from Email Logs
- How to Whitelist an IP Address to Bypass Spam Filtering in Sentinel Messaging
- False Positive and False Negative Reporting
- Sender Lists – Safe and Block
- Adding a Spam-reporting footer to inbound email
- Does Sentinel Messaging monitor outbound email as spam?