Difference between Groups and Functional Accounts
Under the tab ‘Users & Groups’ within Sentinel Messaging there are a couple of sub-tabs mainly Users , Groups , Functional Accounts etc.
Groups within Sentinel Messaging
Groups: These groups are entirely different than ones found within exchange e.g. Distribution groups , security groups etc. These are just for administrative purposes. Multiple users (already within Sentinel Messaging platform) can be combined to form a group.
Once a group is formed following actions can be performed (under profile):
- Group name: Name the group
- Group description: Brief description
- Notification Language: Drop down with multiple languages to choose from
- Remove members: Remove members from Group
- Add members: Add members to Group
- Group filters: Add inbound / outbound filter for a group
- Sender lists: Allow and block list for a group
- Group Disclaimer: Setup disclaimer for the group
Under the Groups tab all the groups can be seen along with details like Users and Filters per group. Every group has group logs as well.
Functional Accounts within Sentinel Messaging
Functional Accounts allows you to add (within Sentinel Messaging) all email enabled Distribution Lists / Security Groups / Public folders that exist in the customers local Active Directory which do not already exist in Sentinel Messaging.
Each Functional Account has the below features:
- Profile: Name , Email address and Account type (i.e. security Group or Distribution Group)
- Aliases: Any additional Email addresses associated with tat Functional account
- Spam: All the spam settings for this function account are here
- Digests: Settings for quarantine digest
- Groups: Group details of which this functional account is a part of.
- Filters: Inbound / Outbound Filters
Functional accounts can be either added manually or via AD sync. If chosen by AD Sync, these can be synced and removed from AD sync.